Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blessings in Disguise

I would like to give everyone an update on my last post. I was having thoughts on if I should return to work or not. Terrell and I decided that I should go back until we have our second child.

Well, my first day back to work was Oct. 6th. Terrell works for IHC and they have a day care available to all employees. The facility is so good that it takes a couple about 1 1/2 years to get into. We put our name on the list right when I got pregnant and we were 1st on the list to get in when I was going back. When it was time for me to go back, they did not have an opening yet. So I had to arrange a babysitter for the first week back until Owen would have permanent day care.

I went to work and let them know of the situation; I didn't have day care for Owen and at that time I was not able to come back to work full-time. My work was willing to work with me and they extended my leave until January when I would have day care for him. My work is AWESOME!!!

Then the Monday before Halloween the day care called me and told me that another child dropped out and there was a spot open. I was first on the list so they offered it me. One of the conditions for my work to extend my leave was that I had to let them know when day care was available and they would work with management to get me back into work. So, I went in and talked with my manager and told him I had day care and was ready to come back.

He then told me that they were upgrading the system we use and with that upgrade come with a lot of things that can be electronicly done instead of hand entered. With that there would be less man hours needed to do entry, so he said at that time they were not in a position to hire me back, otherwise they would be over staffed.

I had to be honest with him in saying that if they didn't hire me back now, I would have to pass up the day care oppurtunity and I couldn't garauntee that it would be open again when they could hire me back. He understood and we agreed that I wouldn't be working there anymore.

So to make a long story short, I quit my job and am now a stay a home mom! I am kind of sad because if you know me at all, you know that I am a very social person and like that atmosphere. But there also is a joy in staying home with Owen all day. So, in order to get my social time, all you other moms need to call me and we can go out, or our kids can have a play day!

Thanks for all your input and support in our decision. I guess the lord works in mysterious ways to make you choose the right decision. He knew that I should stay home and made all the things fall into place for that to happen.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Shelby, no matter how it happened - I'm glad it did! And I hear you on the social thing. I was a regular at Artic Circle for our play dates so I could get some adult conversation! Aren't we glad that God is Boss!